* This is part of the 2017 Renovation Series.
I really cannot stand the typical RV type of ceiling lights. They are plastic functional looking lights made for 12V systems. Your ceiling lights have to be 12V in these Vintage Airstreams / Argosys unless you gut them and re-wire.
We did get rid of the long fluorescent ceiling lights and replaced them with a slightly updated RV light look. (see above picture)
Mike took a Crystal Disco Ball looking light (see above picture) that I bought at Home Depot and added a switch to it to make it 12V. H e installed this in the bedroom area. It was my favorite instant update. Sadly, we are changing the theme and decor and the light is getting replaced.
Continue reading for the full details and reveal!
The new living room area light is a stained glass mission vibe. It is a semi flush mount design that should give plenty of headspace.
To avoid all the typical 12V lighting, we bought a Kvarnä light from IKEA to use as a nightlight and ambient lighting. I put in a low wattage bulb so it gIves a glow vs a bright light.
1. Pick out your light fixture.
2. If it does not have a “switch” on the fixture (99% chance it will not), add a 12v light fixture switch. You can purchase this from any automobile store such as Advance Auto Parts.
3. Install your new light where your old one was located.
4. ONLY use12v light bulbs! Your new light will NOT work with regular light bulbs. In my area, only Home Depot sells these ….or Amazon.
IKEA Kvarnä Light
NOTE: I am not paid or receive products for free to blog. Everything you see here, we paid for ourselves.