When we purchased Tartaruga, the original screen door had a big hole in it from the missing sliding hatch. My guess is that it was probably missing for years.
We knew we needed to fabricate a solution to cover the hole as well as secure the screen door better so the dogs (yes, I am talking about Rummy) don’t push it open on their own.
A trip to Home Depot for the following supplies:
The plexiglass needed to be slim enough to fit into the existing track.
The handle can be vertical or horizontal. I asked Mike for horizontal and got vertical. Go figure!
I am expecting a “re-do” because Mike has the handle pretty crooked and that drives him insane. I’ve asked him to use smaller washers so you don’t see these big “dots.”
A couple weeks ago, he also installed the white screen door screen protector. I think it looks great!