Painting Tartaruga

20130509-202155.jpg

Old Paint on TarTar

When we bought TarTar, we were told it was professionally painted. I have no idea why they only painted the very bottom when most Argosy’s are painted halfway up one color and the top half a different color.

20130509-202923.jpg

We used this specific product for it’s double coverage

 

I knew that the ugly “rust” primer color was going to have to go. After some research, I found out that a lot of people were actually using (wait for it)…. Spray Paint! Oddly, I was able to convince Mike to try the spray paint.

20130509-204106.jpg

Mike hard at work

 

I had originally wanted a bright shiny copper after seeing an Argosy painted with it. Mike wanted a hammered copper look. After doing a test try of both (shiny looked too fake, hammered looked too similar to the ugly original color), we decided to go bold with green! After all, Our vintage trailer is named after a turtle!

20130509-205009.jpg

Old vs. New

 

This paint job was a grand total of $9. $3 per can of paint (we used two) and $3 for the painters tape.

20130509-212059.jpg

Old Rust Color vs. New Turtle Color

 

20130509-212113.jpg

Loving the new color. We did have some over spray that needs addressed.

 

…. A full on daylight picture. The green is similar to British Racing Green.

20130509-213159.jpg

Looks bright but it is slightly darker than this pic shows

 

Another picture with my birthday flowers.

20130510-092319.jpg

My birthday flowers look great with the new color!

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Painting Tartaruga

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s